Sunday, December 4, 2011
installing yii was not successfull.
So decided toinstall wamp server first.
Installed it but it is not wirking
Fixed the issue. I was unable to interact with the wampserver icon in the sytem tray to get it to do anything. If wamp server seemed to have installed fine but it doesn't get up and running all the way and doesn't let you do anything with it and just sits there in your system tray, not responding to your clicks, here's a guide to fix it.
I tried a bunch of solutions including disabling UAC and none of them helped. I disabled IIS and I still couldn't click WAMP's icon in the systray. Wamp wasn't up and running all the way.
Now here's a quick gist of what worked, please follow the step by step instructions below to be sure you're doing it right. I went into my "C:/Program Files(x86)" folder on my Win 7 64 installation (I'm guessing it's gonna be "C:/Program Files" on XP) and deleted the "PHP" folder. Not sure which of my installers put it there, but it certainly wasn't WAMP and WAMP is what I need to be using now. The PHP folder seemed to have been interfering with WAMP's PHP setup. After you have deleted the PHP fodler in Program Files, let WAMP setup everything the way it needs to and you should be good to go. I have re-enabled UAC with WAMP working perfectly. However, I chose to leave IIS off since I believe that could affect WAMP.
To summarize, here's what resolved the issue for me:
1 - Uninstall WAMP
2 - Delete any remnants from installation (In my case, I deleted "C:/wamp" ) just to be sure you're starting off with a clean slate
3 - Find the "PHP" folder in "C:/Program Files(x86)" or in "C:/Program Files" and delete it
4 - Ensure you've disabled IIS. If you aren't sure about how to do so, look for yfastud's comment in this thread. Restart the computer if you just disabled IIS. If it has already been disabled AND the machine has already been restarted, proceed to step 5
5 - Install wampserver as admin, and launch it when the installation is complete.
6 - wampserver should be up and running and functioning fine.
I really hope this helps all you people who are still stuck out there. Please let me know this worked just so I can feel good knowing I helped someone make their day better. Isn't it always better when things work the way they're supposed to..?
Have a nice day and good luck...
finally got winamp server running.....this took up a lot of time.
But the big question now is why did i install wamp server
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment